The day came and it passed....but it was a good day. My parents called in the morning after I had opened up my box of '30' things including fun items and crazy old items they had found in my bedroom at the farm. Another package from Alli and Karm presented pj's and some fabulous gospel music (best part of the day). Aaron had called the day before while he was in port and had me find my gift in the house while we chatted. A card hidden in the bookshelf revealed a sweet message and promise of my gift (a mountain bike and gear!).
After talking to a few people in the morning, I headed to work and found this in my office (from women living in the dorm at school). The large card and balloons all had messages on them...and the one black balloon was Melissa's message to me that I'm not getting any younger. Thanks, Mel.

Some friends from PIBC took me out to lunch a great Vietnamese restaurant (Guam has incredible Asian food).

Aaron had planned a nice dinner out for me with our friends Evelyn and Delight since he couldn't take me out. Thanks, babe...next time you'll be here with us.

I had to include a picture of my huge green fabulous purse my sisters sent me (which Aaron thinks is a turtle...don't ask). I love it.

Evelyn and Delight hail from an outer island of Chuuk but have lived on Guam for the past 10 years or so. They presented me with my very own Chuukese skirts and a traditional 'necklace' worn only on their island. Evelyn and I thought we'd model the skirts for the camera.

Although I didn't get to celebrate with my family or long-time friends, I wasn't completely forgotten and for that I'm grateful. I'm glad Aaron and I will both be able to celebrate our birthdays with each other next year...at least we think.
Denver, watch out....real celebrating with the girls is to be had very soon.
0 comments:
Post a Comment