The final week of 29

|
It's funny how a passage from one decade into another will bring lots of reminiscing, reevaluating, reviewing of goals and dreams, and remembering of how thankful I am. While talking with others who also turn the big 3-0 this year, I must admit I have lived a very full life so far and I don't intend on stopping. At 22 I made the goal of visiting the same number of countries as my age...once I finally caught up, that would only be one per year. And I'm thankful to say by the end of this year I will be 2 short. When I graduated college I wanted to work in places where I would understand being the minority, appreciating differences, and working in a very diverse environment. When I started my master's program, I had no idea how much I would be challenged and grow as it has prepared me for service ahead. When I left Thailand I hoped to come back to this side of the earth...and I have really enjoyed Guam. When I married Aaron I married the best mate for me...one that will seek adventure, follow God, and lead me well. When I left John Brown, I left with the greatest friends possible...no one could ever replace those girls. I'm also glad we all left John Brown as we are now skinnier, healthier, and more mature than we were then. And every time I leave my family I am reminded of how amazing they truly are...this summer was filled with sweet memories. Now I'm going to leave this post and get back to the papers so I can actually graduate.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

H & A,
The "Pilot and His Wife" has been our computer screen saver since day one. I have laughed outloud, been brought to tears, and even a bit bored when it was frozen in time. I've lived vicariously through your lives in and away from Guam and am very proud of both of your accomplishments. Cheers to your 30th and the next decade spent together!