Exhausted

|
I am tired. The past week has been crammed full as I have taken care of 3 kids (ages 6, 4, 2) while their mother had her fourth child, had a slumber party with my community group girls from PIBC, church, a birthday party, errands, hosting a day retreat at my house with some co-workers, getting packed up and the house ready to leave for 3 weeks. All of this busyness came to a screeching halt today as I was ready to leave on a military flight. Of course, they decided to not to release any seats right before the flight was to leave, which left me back at my house this afternoon all packed up but not going anywhere.

Some might ask, why are you so tired and exhausted when you don't get on a flight? Well, if you have ever traveled you know the work that goes into 'shutting down' life somewhere for a few weeks....so you work hard, get it all done, and then bam....you find out you're not going. It is an emotional rollercoaster of some sorts.

To be honest it's quite a let down when: you need to catch a flight; you have 2 books that must be read before a project that is due on Tuesday and these books are in California; you don't know what connections need to be made to get back to California by early next week.

All of this to say, I'm hoping there will be a seat with my name on it in the next 2-3 days to get off this rock. And I'm glad this is my last trek back to Biola for classes...4 roundtrips to Cali in a little over a year has been A LOT. At the moment, I'm having to tell myself the pain has been worth it...

0 comments: