
For those of you who have never witnessed the glories or disasters of military moves, hopefully these pictures will show you what we experience every so often. This time our stuff fit in six and half crates.
The movers show up and begin unloading stuff while you mark off every item that is listed on your inventory (to make sure you got it all). Funny how you still end up losing things like a stone loaf pan (one of the kitchen favs). Guess it is on the bottom of the Pacific....or someone in Guam is baking something in it...or trying to figure out what it is for.

Instead of you unpacking everything yourself, the movers will unpack, unwrap, and begin stacking everything you own. I won't show you a picture of all the stacks we still have.

My lovely parents came in for the weekend and got to help us unpack....here's Papa trying to figure out the bed frame.

As my mom and I were unpacking the kitchen, I was explaining to her the uselessness of this kitchen gadget since the cheese you grate gets stuck inside and is very difficult to clean. Lovely face, I know (it was moving day).
And here is our lovely front porch...I won't show you pictures inside since it's still a work in progress, but the avocado green wall is my favorite part so far. Come on over...I'll whip you up a glass of sweet tea and put you to work.
0 comments:
Post a Comment