|
Another week has passed marking our three month milestone of living on the rock out in the Pacific, aka Guam. We will also be celebrating our 10 month anniversary in a few weeks...congrats to us. (Someone told me the other day I can stop counting the months after a year hits since no one cares anyway how many months you've been married.)

This week, I also officially accepted a job to be a new staff member at the only bible college here in Micronesia called Pacific Island Bible College (you can check out the website if you think I'm kidding www.pibc.edu). The journey to how I was lead to this job was pretty crazy...a few weeks ago Aaron and I were at a church we've been going to pretty regularly and there was a man teaching that Sunday in place of the normal pastor. His name is Steve, he used to be on staff with Campus Crusade, and is now the Campus Director for the Guam campus of PIBC. After church I went up to him to talk to him about Crusade stuff and we ended up chatting for a little bit and he asked me if I wanted to talk more about getting involved at PIBC. So the next week (last week) I went to the college and hung out with him, got a tour of the very small campus, and told him about my experiences leading me here. I handed him my resume' and he just sat there pretty dumbfounded at what I had specifically done in the past few years. To make a long story short, he asked me how much did I want to get involved and I said as much as I could. They had been praying for someone to come along to start a Discipleship Program for the women students and for someone to also be the Student Ministry Coordinator (this would be teaching/placing/helping the students get involved in practical ministries all over the island--i.e. youth ministry through churches and schools). So Aaron and I went back this past week to talk more about details with Steve and the president David. They had a job description for me and offered me a contract position for one year to work there...I never thought I'd be able to do what I love here on Guam with international students. The college is comprised of students mainly from three nearby islands--Chuuk, Yap, and Palau. Their cultures are very different from ours and English is their second language. So, my learning curve is going to have to shoot through the roof in the next many months...but I know it's where I'm supposed to be. If you want to know more about it, just let me know. We're pretty excited about it. I'm reminded that God doesn't waste anything even when you're out in the middle of nowhere and don't know what to do...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm very glad that your part of the family here @ PIBC. I think your pretty cool to be one of the staffs...believe me you'll beat some of the staffs to the student, what I mean is the students will, be more close and open to you, you know what I mean??? I hope. Anyways, "be available" thats the key, hear them out, and you will know how amazing the Lord works in different individuals. Any question? Talk to me you know where to find me. (*.*) Take care my fren.