She said it was just for the weekend.
Our A/C ducts will be replaced on Monday...to the tune of $$$$. Hopefully there will be something left for Sam's college fund.
In the meantime, I returned home after work late Friday night to hear a nice "HIIISSSSSSSS", and thought to myself, "Aaron....that sounds like water". And it was water. Spewing from the PVC to copper connection into my house from the city's meter. A big wrench, a shower at the neighbor's, a round-robin to four different hardware stores at 8am, $4, and two hours of labor later...we (actually I) had water. I am a bit disappointed Lowes did not have blue PVC cement...
I would like to dedicate this post to my father. I think growing up as a kid of Ron Schaub saved me about $100 on the broken pipe...and a bit more on the drywall repair coming soon to the hallway ceiling. Thanks dad...but I could use some help taping and floating the new stuff.
...and we'll see if my wife and child are back on Monday.
1 comments:
sure glad to reap the benefits of the broken house!
Post a Comment