Home

|
It's been quite a month and I'm not sure where to begin. The end of February, Aaron left for 2 week TDY in Roswell, NM while Sam and I flew up to Oklahoma to see some family. When I left CC, it was 70 degrees and when I landed in OKC, it was 37. I was crazy to leave Texas. We went to Tulsa with a quick jog over to NWA for a bit to see a few people...and then back to the farm. In the mean time, Sam officially rolled over from back to front several times and we actually caught it on video. Too bad I'm too technically challenged at this moment to put it up. That was fun.

Then back to CC just in time for Melissa, a good friend I worked with in Guam, came for a visit. So great to see her and catch up. She's back for the semester and her visit made me miss Guam and the fabulous people I worked with there. While that was only a year ago, it seems like ages. Guam was such a blessing in ways I now see since we're gone.

Then two weeks ago, Phyllis Beadles, Justin's mom (my bro-in-law) passed away in farming accident. While Heather and Justin went up to make arrangements and care for Justin's dad, Aaron and I took care of the troops in Nacogdoches. Amazing how 5 kids makes your life a little busy! I saw the beauty of public school and getting a break during the day...homeschooling moms, I'm not sure I could do what you do quite yet.

We took the kids up to OK and were all together with our family for the weekend and for the memorial. My sis said it well reflecting on the whole two weeks...life really is all about relationships...those with people and with Jesus. Without hope in Jesus, I really can't see how people walk through devistating tragedies. God is good and sovereign despite it all.

And then we got home.

The house hasn't been cleaned in a month. Sam is a 'big' boy and eating cereal, rolling over, laughing, playing with his fingers, and getting stuck on his stomach at night and can't figure out how to roll back. He's wearing 6-9 month clothes and I know he weighs a lot. We just haven't had a chance to actually weigh him.

There are two more weeks of lent. It's been a challenging few weeks thus far. My heart has been burdened for the homeless, struggling marriages, wounded souls, and those who haven't experienced God's grace. Maybe one day I'll get the courage to write more about the journey of walking with others through some really tough stuff. It's a privilege, but gut-wrenching.

We planted a garden. Zucchini, squash, cucumbers, tomatoes, basil, mint, peppers, and jalapenos. It's pretty and makes me smile.

I'm going to Denver tomorrow. Katie, my dear friend of many many years, is getting married on Saturday and I'm thrilled to go celebrate this happy couple. Just wish the weather was going to be a bit warmer. It's going to be a serious JBU reunion.

And because every post is better with a picture:

0 comments: