Dear Corpus Christi,
Today is December 23. I just thought I'd remind you in case you forgot since it is 78 degrees outside. Now mind you, I love warm weather and love that its sunny. Thank you for that. But if you could kindly do something about the monster mosquitoes that swarm me and my lovely infant while we're out on a nice morning stroll, that would be fabulous. I have truly enjoyed moving here for the beautiful clear blue ocean, I mean, fabulous people. However even Guam in December doesn't have these massive mosquitoes everywhere. A friendly reminder that it's "winter."
I realize this place is great for people like my husband that love days like today while flying at 10000 feet. For that, I'm grateful. But seriously, if you want Navy wives like myself to keep loving our assignment here in lovely Corpus Christi, work on the insect population (I loved finding a scorpion on my bed last night). It would be much appreciated.
Yours truly,
H. S.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Do you have a mosquito net to put over Sam? Maybe you next assignment will be where it is icy, cold and snowy, but not critters!
Perhaps a public confession of your sin to properly love and adore the Great State of Texas will enable God to grant your weather request. I'm just sayin'...
I am a proud Oklahoman as you should be. I'm just sayin...
Need him closer to give him lots of hugs & kisses...he's growing so fast. Yes, proud to be an Okie...it's snowing today with everything white!! Beautiful on the farm...east Texas is missing it.
Merry Christmas, Hollie and Aaron, from Cold, Windy, Snowy Dallas. Hate to rub it in. We were out in it yesterday and it was so cold, just like Oklahoma. Much of the snow is thawing today but it is all white outside my kitchen window. It was 72 degrees on Wed. and 23 degrees last night. Yes, we love Texas by now - in 2010, we have been here 40 years. Would love to hug little Sam!!! Praise God for a healthy beautiful child.
Post a Comment