I learned to never try to get a stain out with OxyClean...the lady at the cleaners confirmed it sets stains. Fabulous.
You can bake 14 loaves of bread in 6 hours if you time it right.
It's very exciting to see friends get engaged...congratulations Katie and Patrick! A trip to Denver this spring will be fun with an infant.
I made tuna salad this week with pureed avacado as the 'mayo' to keep things together. Very tasty.
It rained maybe 1/2 inch in a few days and everyone in Corpus was thrilled. Did you know this place is like a desert?
It's been fun to meet and make new friends...even though we do this A LOT with military life, you forget how long it takes to rebuild new friendships.
I think we are going to venture into the cloth diaper world and I'm quite excited about it.
I went to a breastfeeding class and there were several husbands at the class. All kinds of people there...who knew breastfeeding could be such an emotionally and politically charged topic? But Darla the Doula had some great things to say.
My doc told me our baby is currently in the breech position, but she doesn't seem worried even though we are 5 weeks out from D-Day. She mentioned several midwives claim that putting headphones on the top part of your belly can get the baby to flip down...I'll try it. Anything to avoid a C-Section.
I taught my 2nd of 3 classes at South Texas School of Christian Studies (www.stscs.org) this week. The first week there were 2 students...Tuesday there was one. Fabulous student to professor ratio. I got to talk more about my time and work in Micronesia and it made me miss my friends and colleagues there. Such great people. Next week I teach a group of grad students in their Cross-Cultural Ministries class.
We head out early tomorrow for the Voth Reunion...aka 'ancestral worship.' It will be fun to see family we haven't seen in a while. This will be the first time the entire Ron and Pam Voth Clan to be together since Thanksgiving of 05. That's a long time.
It's time to spray for bugs again...I caught and released a nasty 2 inch long cockroach on the wall of the nursery. That gives me nice thoughts of having our child sleep in there.
Next week we celebrate four years of marriage...definitely among the best years of my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Have a fabulous weekend and cheers to celebrating your marriage!
I will be praying for a flip for that baby. E was breech till 39 weeks, I did headstands and saw a chiropractor.
...a joy to connect through the blog world.
Hol, I'll pray the little guy turns around, but I know some friends have had kids manually turned around from outside the tummy. Hope you can avoid a C-section too. I feared them as well. I'll cheer you on in your cloth diapering venture (and give advice if you'd like). Glad to hear you still cook from scratch. Rocky and I have joined your ranks as well; boxes are fewer and fewer these days. Congrats on 4 years. Can't wait to meet your little guy.
Hey Hollie
1) I swear- when I stopped swimming and laid head down, feet in the air 3 times a day, ALL babies flipped :) Yep, had to do it 4 times, 2-3 weeks each time, but it worked :)Good luck
2) cloth diapers-you go girl!
3) Happy Anniversary!...your next 4 years will be even better!
Hollie,
I had a dream Saturday night (after reading this post) that I got to go to the reunion too and chat with you and your sisters. We had a grand time, and I woke up, realized it was a dream, and was sad that I hadn't really seen you. I miss you, and I'm excited to hear more about your little bundle!
Love ya,
Hayley Boof
Post a Comment