Last one from Guam

|
Here's to three years in Guam...and the last post from "the 671." Since Aaron left three weeks ago, I've been a squatter (thanks Hall's and Boydston's) and I'm ready to settle down for a bit. The bags are checked in, the chores are almost done, many goodbyes have been said, and I'm very worn out. I'm sure it will hit me in about 72 hours that I'm not coming back....at least for a long time.

It's always hard to say goodbye and close another chapter of life that has been so significant, growing, challenging, blessed, and fun....but it's also good because transition helps you muster up the words to express to those you're leaving how much you love, appreciate, and care about them. And to have the blessing returned and know God has used you is always a fulfilling part of life. God really is good.

The thesis isn't finished yet and will somehow get done. The nausea and tiredness are worth the blessing in the end. Off to the land of Mexican food, flat land, lots of space, yucky brown ocean water, and within driving distance to people we love.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Bring me back some Guam money please.

Meluat said...

Foothold.... it made a gigantic change in my life so Thank you. if we hold you back here in Guam, the blessings that you gave us here would not be able to be given to the Texan people. Thank you two for everything. Thank you for being part of our lives. Don't lose the Micronesian style, especially the Palauan Necklace.

Anonymous said...

So glad to have you all closer to home, even if it is Texas! (At least we still have one in OK..smile!) Know God has used you both with the many people you have rubbed shoulders with. See you all REAL soon. mom