No where to go
Yesterday was such a beautiful day in the upper 60s here in sunny California that I decided to work out on the really nice spongy track at Biola. After making a few rounds and reminiscing of high school days when I was fast and in shape, a certain person joined those of us out the track...but not to run. Much to my surprise, a bagpiper walked out onto the soccer field (they don't play American football at Biola) and started playing. Actually that's an overstatement...he wasn't playing, he was just blowing air into the pipe and played a consistent note for the next 30 minutes or so. I kept watching to see if some rugby players were going to come running out...but no, I think he had no where else to go to 'warm up' or 'practice' or 'tune' or 'work on breathing techniques' or whatever bagpipers do when they only play one note for a long time. If you have any suggestions or comments, please don't hesitate to enlighten me on the ways of bagpipers. It was an interesting workout.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hollie,
We want to know what note he was playing.
Brad & Britany
good question. i think a d flat.
Bagpipes are my least-favorite music, in fact I can hardly stand it! Did he have a kilt on! He isn't serious is he wasn't dressed properly!
Bagpipes are my least-favorite music, in fact I can hardly stand it! Did he have a kilt on! He isn't serious is he wasn't dressed properly!
Hmmmm. . . if I can offer a guess as a mom, perhaps his parents made him go there to practice because they couldn't stand him practicing at home???? :-)
Melody
Post a Comment