Back in college again

|
My semester has officially started and it's funny how much I feel like I'm in college all over again...but I'm glad I'm not. In a way it's been a good thing to be thought as an undergrad (hopefully it's the short hair and anti-aging cream), but I really don't want to be thought of as a 20 year old again. In a way it's difficult for me to think I was like the girls I see walking around campus...but then again, maybe I was. Amazing how seven years out makes you feel old.

A few interesting things from the last few days:

~A girl in my class has the name "Chuukee"

~Students in my Family, Kinship, and Gender class were all throwing around anthropological terms I've never heard of. Awesome.

~Parking is a nightmare.

~There are recliners in the library.

~In my night class on Monday, I was placed in a group with all undergrads...probably only about 19 years old. I decided to drop the class since I had covered the content before (and secretly because I didn't want to be babysitting my group since I was practically the mom).

~I watched an exorcism video in my Spiritual Warfare class...how many of you did that today?

~I played the Mennonite game with a girl in my class...her last name was Getz and before I could think I was asking her if she was Mennonite. Some things never die.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't think too many of us could say we watched an exorcism video yesterday! Thanks for keeping up your blog. Maybe Aaron will before he leaves. Love you both!