We made it through a year! And what a year it's been...moving to San Diego, lots of fun visitors in SD, Army/Navy, home for the holidays, moving to the place "where America's day begins," adopting Peanut, and even celebrating our first year together without a deployment. Aaron is among the wierd pilots that didn't deploy our first few months here...in fact, we'll be here over a year before Aaron deploys. But that just means less time together our last two years here...so come see us soon if you want Aaron to be here.
As you can tell from our picts, we got "away" (that's going to someone else's apartment off base) for our 1st and did lots of hiking (the pictures of the crosses are from a Mt. Lamlam which is the highest point in Guam...great view), kayaking, swimming, and eating out. It was nice to have a break from our "child" that wakes up at 6:30-7 every morning to go pee, thanks for our friend Erica that loved on Peanut for the weekend.
Work has been going well for me...since our students' second language is English, I'm having to rewrite the study they are doing this semester in their small groups so they can understand it. But today I finished the entire study and I'm so excited to just hang out with students and get their names down...it should be easy when their names are Percia, Helgah, Smileen, Inca, Jafflyn, or Inachok. Every night before they go to bed they have devotions together and so I went to the girls' devo tonight and shared with them. We spent time singing before hand and I must say I have never been in a group of girls where EVERY single one of them can sing...the Micronesians have got the harmony/singing thing down. Very impressive.
This morning Aaron left for Hawaii to accompany a young man from the squadron that is going to a boot camp type facility for 30 days because of his misbehavior. He'll be back on Friday night and then will maybe have to go back to accompany him home. I don't think either of us really thought we would be babysitting at our jobs as much as we are...it's quite amazing the choices people make.
If you can't tell by the picts, it's very pretty here and you should come visit. Just don't come for Thanksgiving because we won't be here...off to Thailand we go!!! It's time to start filling up the new passports...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I can't believe it's been a year! Your wedding is still one of my favorites. God is so good to us in giving perfect gifts. Happy Anniversary--
love,
Jordan and Mandy
Hey Hollister, it's Chones here! This is the only way I know how to get in touch with you so I hope you will maybe get it. Are you concerned with the events happening in Thailand?
chones--i got an email from p'tuum, one of my friends, and she said that things are going to be fine...at least she thinks so. i guess this was a common thing in thai history and it's supposedly a good thing since the king is in support. aaron and i are going in november (at least we hope) and we've been told it's still safe. the thai ccc staff are just praying that no bloodshed occurs. so...how are you? why don't you email me at hollie.schaub@gmail? i would love to hear how cali is...hope to hear from you soon.
Post a Comment